CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bottle Shock












Bottle Shock was a wonderful surprise. It’s a true story about the rise of California wines, and probably more shocking, the demise of the French wines. Well, perhaps that is an over statement. The French wines are obviously still prominent. But in the late 70’s it was widely thought that the only good wines were from France. This crew from Napa, with the help of a stuffy Brit, showed the “Frenchies” that there are more than French Fries coming out of this Bad Boy!







Alan Rickman is a complete stud. Not in a hot lady killing type of way, but in a fabulous actor sort of way. I don’t think that anyone can play a jerk, a snob, or a completely aloof and non-caring cold person like he can. I just know that when his name attached to a movie that I am in for a treat.

The story runs a bit loose and you will be left trying to put some pieces together. They also do very little to develop the characters and thus it becomes a bit difficult to get too emotional. But what they do give you is just enough. I found myself engrossed in the story none the less, and although you know the outcome you don't want to walk away.

Like I said, it’s a true story. I don’t know how many liberties were taken during the film, but they tie it together at the end quite nicely. And I even got to learn a bit, I always appreciate the opportunity to gain a bit of knowledge.

Oh, and the bad ass girl from Bring It On, Eliza Dushku appears for a small part. She has the cool confident chick role down pat. I dig it.

There were beautiful Napa Valley backdrops throughout the movie. That alone made me long for a Blu-Ray copy. Why not go all the way with it? I hate it when the studios get cheap.

Anyway, I really liked this flick. It smelled of bacon fat and layers of tangerine. And that’s a good thing. 4 stars all the way. Pop the cork, swirl it, sniff it, and savor it!

No comments: