CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Transsiberian












Transsiberian is a throwback, a reminder of what a tense thriller is supposed to be. It starts off slow, really delving into the character development. Some may find this boring but I found it amazingly refreshing. The development was so well done that I became immersed in each characters stories. Woody Harrelson took me back to the days of Woody and Emily Mortimer was amazingly vulnerable. Her best effort since Match Point.

Set on the Transsiberian train, this thriller chugs through the snowy and frozen villages of Siberia. The Blu-Ray version is so spot on, so detailed, and so well done that it will have you reaching for a blanket, or even a bottle of vodka. The ridiculous DD 5.1 makes the most of what it has, but with Blu-Ray technology, why not go all the way and give us a lossless format? The chuggs, creaks, and whistles from the train could have been amazing. It would have added so much more.



Never over the top or over done, what starts as a slow plodding story shifts into high gear out of nowhere. I found my heart racing while sitting on the edge of my seat, and staring at the screen in disbelief.

I have become used to thrillers that are beyond belief. The same story with different characters over and over again. This is a completely different, if not an old school way of going about the genre. I hope others take note. I couldn't recommend this more.

4 out of 5 stars!

No comments: