CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Transformers












I totally missed it. I am a big fan of action/sci-fi/fantasy flicks. A big budget flick that pulls it off is even more rewarding because you get those big budget effects. Large booms from your sub, awesome and flawless 1080p Blu-Ray, etc. makes it so enjoyable.






Transformers got it right! I ignored this movie for so long and I paid the price. Now, I have not been a fan of Michael Bay. Most of his movies have been stinkers. Armageddon and Pearl Harbor come to mind as bogus attempts at entertainment. The Island was decent, but would anyone have liked it without Scarlett Johansson running around in tight outfits as Jordan Two Delta? That's a valid question...

I am not one to rehash plot lines. You can do that elsewhere and/or watch the trailer that I embedded for you. What I will do is tell you that this is plain old good fun. You have an ancient battle between robots/transformers that re-erupts on earth. And the aloof Shia LaBeouf doing a fabulous job in selling his starring role. Throw in David Silver's fiance, Foxy Megan, and you have a winning cast.





















































Self serving? Perhaps. But I couldn't help myself. Point made.

Anyway, tons of good action. It is certainly ridiculous, it IS robots for crying out loud. But it knows it's ridiculous. It eats it up. It has its corny moments, its schmaltz, and all that "good" stuff. Grab a copy and enjoy the 140 minutes of fun. And grab that Blu-Ray copy and you have a serious demo disc for your home theater. It's nearly flawless.

4 stars all around. Hopefully this is a turning point for Michael Bay.

No comments: