CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Pride and Glory












Pride and Glory follows in the footsteps of many police dramas that came before it. I feel like I have seen them all yet I never get tired of them. I wonder what that says for me?





A family of New York City cops gets torn apart in a corruption scandal. Edward Norton plays Ray Tierney, the good guy cop who was caught up in some type of scandal a few years back. He is obviously still scarred but the movie doesn't do a good job of telling that piece of the story. Still, Norton pulls this off like he does every other part. I prefer him to be a little more rough around the edges, but he is solid none the less.

Colin Farrell plays Jimmy Eagan, the rough and tumble somewhat stereotypical New York City cop with more than a few skeletons in his closet. Both Norton and Farrell light up the screen and make any movie worth watching.

It's a very strong cast and as I said, you have seen this before but the cast makes it move at a swift pace. In fact, I was quite taken with this film. I enjoyed it, right up until the end. The last 15-20 minutes seem to have been done by an amateur. It just unwound like a cheap spool of yarn. Such a disappointment at the end.

However, don't let those last few sentences fool you. I really did enjoy the movie, and I am a person that enjoys the entire ride, not just the ending. I was able to look past it and enjoy the cop drama and action. I am just a sucker for this genre!

This is a 4 star crime drama which I recommend for anyone who appreciates this type of movie, or anyone who appreciates those two actors.

No comments: