CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Step Brothers












Well, go ahead and crucify me. I loved Step Brothers! This is Will Ferrell's best performance since Anchorman.

I credit Judd Apatow for the injection of the over-the-top crude humor. There were moments that were so hilarious, so ridiculous, I just had to pause the movie until I stopped laughing. The first 30 minutes was so funny that I thought it had to die off. No way that it could continue. I was wrong. It was funny from beginning to end.




I have a feeling that there will be some out there that will totally disagree. You will need to have a crude sense of humor, you need to appreciate the mind of a teenage boy, and you need to have a bit of adolescence left in you. If you have two of those three qualities you will be in for some good laughs, and don't we all need that?

In typical Ferrell fashion, there is no real plot to speak of, it's all about the ridiculous jokes and over the top acting. Well done by he and John C. Reilly.

I haven't like any of their recent offerings until now. Glad they are back.

Mary Steenburgen, Richard Jenkins, and Kathryn Hahn also added some fabulous moments. But this was all about Ferrell and Reilly.

4 out of 5 stars!

No comments: