CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Baghead












Baghead is nothing but a mish-mosh horror/comedy/drama that ends up being a complete waste of time. Another indie film that completely misses the mark. It seemed as if Mark and Jay Duplass had nothing better to do, so they concocted a ludicrous script, did what they could to get it to feature film length, and submitted as an independent comedy/horror/whatever.





If you took the time to watch the trailer, you know that this movie is about four friends that take off to a cabin in the woods to write a movie. They are confronted by a psycho that wears a bag on his head, thus Baghead.

The movie received a 77% on the Tomatometer so it appears that I am in the minority with my review. This movie is not funny, it's not scary, and there is very little drama. The twists and turns (being nice here) are so easy to read, and the ending is so easy to figure out, that you will sit there with your mouth agape and say, "no way this is on film".

I guess you could take the movie as a parody of horror movies, but I didn't see it that way. Like I stated, it wasn't funny nor scary.

How many times can I repeat myself? Let's stop it here. There are thousands of films better than this one, and many of them Indies that deserve more recognition. The only saving grace is that it's only 80 minutes long.

The holidays are over and I don't feel at all generous. 1 star.

Happy New Year.

No comments: